While this probably isn’t exactly what DiscoBallDad had in mind when he discussed “personal duality”, I couldn’t help but laugh as I thought about my Toyota Tacoma pickup which gets 12 mpg and my all electric Nissan Leaf.
It’s also interesting to note that the Nissan Leaf will tell you everyday how your fuel economy compares to other Nissan Leaf drivers in your area. This would be ok except my highly competitive, yet usually relaxed personality (more duality?) causes me to want to run other Nissan Leaf drivers off the road, thereby eliminating any probability that they might outscore me in the daily and monthly fuel efficiency results.
And, since DynaPapa and I share the Leaf we have become obsessed with outperforming each other in terms of fuel efficiency. It’s not uncommon for us to send text messages taunting each other about how well we scored on fuel efficiency for the day. By the way, for the younger crowd - yes - this is what happens to you when you get old and have been together for a number of years. Gone are the days where we sent messages like “Get home quick. I need it, Baby”. They’ve been replaced by “Ha. Ha. I got 4.9 mi/kWh on my last trip. Suck it.”
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- bradbowers4 likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- howtomakelovestay likes this
- thesassyprince likes this
- strangerfriend likes this
- grumpy--dad likes this
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- theramblingark likes this
- designingdaddy likes this
- rachel-louise-shelly likes this
- discoballdad said: There is so much awesome in this post…I don’t even know where to start.
- discoballdad likes this
- loraannsawyer likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- justanothergryffindor likes this
- lazydad likes this
- bujnik said: The car looks like a mouse with buck teeth.
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
Im getting really tired of how stupid and judgmental people can be.
Please tell me if you feel like Im falling in to that category because I try...
- Did I mention the crying toddler pushing all of his mom's last buttons?
No? How about the gruff old man who just used the F-word with someone else’s...
Technology concentrates power.
In the 90’s, it looked like the Internet might be an exception, that it could be a decentralizing, democratizing...”