My dermatologist is only in town two days a week so he shares an office with an ob/gyn & a cardiologist. Today, I’m laying on the exam table when I glance over and see the item in the picture. All I could think was, “What the f*ck is that? Holy Mother of an Ice Cream Cone. Is it some sort of bizarre light fixture? If that baby head lights up, I’m gonna freak the hell out. Is that a manta ray skeleton swimming between two baby heads? Am I imagining this? Has the doctor drugged me and I don’t remember it? “
The doctor must have seen the horrified look on my face and explained that it’s a model used by the ob/gyn who shares the office. Apparently, it demonstrates (thanks to the flexible stick) how a baby’s head fits through the pelvis. Yes. You can actually manipulate the head through the pelvic opening. (I, of course, had to try this out the moment he left the exam room.)
In case you are wondering, one head represents a premature baby and the other head represents a full-term neonate. You can swap the heads out. (Oh, yes. I tried that, too.)
Still. I find the whole thing freaky. But, it was the most interesting doctor’s visit I’ve had in quite awhile. That’s for sure.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- electradaddy likes this
- miles--files likes this
- imtellingben likes this
- lesbibffs likes this
- brooklynsweetwater likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- thesassyprince said:this is really the weirdest thing ever
- thesassyprince likes this
- thesahmmy said:the actual fuck??
- thesahmmy likes this
- 2kidsmom likes this
- judeabouttown said:Creepy
- judeabouttown likes this
- lolkay likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- punkdad likes this
- beecraigers said:Speaking as a previously pregnant person… I WOULD NEVER WANNA SEE THAT! I’D SEE THAT AND BE LIKE EFF IT YOU C-SECTION THIS BABY OUT.
- jimnasium said:This reminds me that I’ve gotta set up an apt with my dermy!
- jimnasium likes this
- mammalingo said:This would have scared the baby out of me.
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders said:I am sure it would be a interesting visit to say the least….yikes!!!
- theramblingark likes this
- kittykatlovesmama likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- kimcheez likes this
- kimcheez said:nightmare inducing.
- designingdaddy said:Oh my god, I have to have one of these.
- designingdaddy likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- piggyvonninja said:hahahahahahaha… can’t stop laughing over here. I almost wish that it was a light fixture!
- piggyvonninja likes this
- bumbleeebeees said:I would leave immediately and quickly before it’s too late!!!
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- Today's gripe
Asshole customers who come in and want a lower price than $10.00 on a holster. Fucker drove up in a Mercedes! I hate Republicans....
Hiding behind the pillow isn’t good enough anymore. He has to be hiding in the pillow now…
I’m pretty sure that if they made adult diapers that were inconspicuous, I would totally rock them between 10-12am every day.
That time is the...