The twins “graduate” from pre-school this evening. Since they needed an outfit for the graduation festivities, I decided to break from my usual practice of buying their clothes at Target and ventured to the mall. Now, I remember why I don’t normally shop at the mall.
Have you ever noticed the subtle gender bias that mall department stores use when deciding where to place the children’s clothing section? Children’s clothing is almost never found on a floor that has a section for men. It’s usually on a floor that has women’s clothing. Because, of course, only women take their children shopping for clothing. (I also suspect there’s a subtle hint that men are a predatory danger to children so you don’t want the little ones shopping near men.)
And, if by some fluke, you’re a father who has taken your children shopping for clothes, I hope you don’t have to pee. Did you notice in the signs that while the women’s restroom is on the 3rd floor with the children’s clothes the men’s restroom is on the 1st floor?
The last picture shows how one department store - that was featured prominently in a famous Christmas movie starring Natalie Wood - made me think I was in the Lingerie for Children section. Ultimately, I determined it was two different sections. But, when I was taking these pictures, the employees were giving me dirty looks. Sorry. But, I’m not the one who made the decision to pair these two departments. I wasn’t photographing the intimate apparel. I just wanted a picture of that mango suit.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders said:Let not forget if you do find the mens restroom there is a good chance there won’t be a changing table if you have small children…. It so sucks!!!
- mommyakajenna likes this
- bumbleeebeees said:I never noticed these things before you pointed them out to us. Children’s clothing. Hmm…is it boy and girl’s clothing or are the children’s clothing separated by gender also? This is cray.
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- wineredhush likes this
- northernmomma said:LOL I will just read the sign next time ;)
- northernmomma likes this
- muchadoaboutannie likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- mommaofboys likes this
- bageldreams likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- thedefinitionofmycharacter likes this
- punkdad likes this
- bujnik said:I thought billions went into figuring out how to make the store most efficient.
- daysofthedad likes this
- sweetcarolinealine said:Good ole’ JCP. I used to find stuff at the Macy’s here by the house, but now I have to go 30 minutes to the other mall to find it. Pisses me off! Macy’s at the other mall has Men and Little boys right next to one another. They don’t hate I guess.
- themamalogues likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- mamaswears likes this
- pieconspiracy likes this
- butdadsaid likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- I recognize that look
A little back story here: between the two of us Chad and I visit Target probably 2-3 a week. We buy 90% of our groceries as...
- lindsay-looo asked:List random 5 facts about yourself & then send this to your 10 favorite followers <3 (I know you probably don't have time for this, but you're my top 10 tumblr-friend! Just thought you should know ;))
1. I watch adult swim every night before I go to sleep.
2. I have gained 20 lbs so far this pregnancy.. I was aiming for 25 but it looks like that...