Yes, it’s true. I love musicals. I once flew into NYC for one day, just to see Bye, Bye, Birdie. What? John Stamos is a hunk. I have no regrets, other than him not reading my fan letter & performing the role of Albert Peterson in the nude.
Speaking of clothing, I nearly pissed my drawers when I read that the U.K. movie, Kinky Boots, is being made into a musical. Harvey Fierstein (Torch Song Triology & La Cage Aux Folles) has written the book and Cyndi Lauper is writing the lyrics and music.
The website, playbill.com, provides the following synopsis.
“In Kinky Boots, Charlie Price is forced to step in and save his family’s shoe factory in Northern England, following the sudden death of his father. Help comes from the unlikeliest angel, a fabulous drag performer named Lola. Together, this improbable duo not only revitalizes the nearly bankrupt business, but helps one another grow into the men their fathers always dreamed their sons would become and transforms an entire community through the power of acceptance.”
It’s premiering in Chicago on October 2 and is expected to hit Broadway next year. Looks like I’ll be visiting Chicago this October.
If you stop by the musical’s website you can download “Sex is in the Heel”, one of the songs from the show.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- rachelisupforthat reblogged this from electradaddy
- rachelisupforthat likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- ringaring-aroses likes this
- ladyjeeves reblogged this from tangleflower
- ladyjeeves likes this
- carawj likes this
- cosmic-llin reblogged this from fycyndilauper
- tangleflower reblogged this from fycyndilauper
- kirbylouwho said: AH! A favorite movie & I’m sure a future favorite musical! Thanks for the info!!! (wow that was a lot of exclamation points haha)
- kirbylouwho likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- fycyndilauper reblogged this from electradaddy
- fycyndilauper likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- 2kidsmom likes this
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- lazydad likes this
- thesassyprince likes this
- lovingbabyliam likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
Whenever I watch Mad Men I start thinking I would be great in advertising.
I just had an idea to rebrand Kraft mac and cheese. They could put out a...
* Paper clips annoy the crap out of me. Use a staple or binder clip, not these stupid twists of metal that get tangled in each other...
Guy just picked up the phone while on the toilet
I wanted to scream to the person on the other end what he was doing.
Then I realized he was...