A bit of advice. If you own a business and you are going to punish a young child because he has two dads, you really shouldn’t allow everyone and anyone to post comments on your Facebook wall. Because if you do, not surprisingly, when the story of your bigotry gets some attention in the news and on the internet, some folks are probably going to leave funny & not-so-funny comments on your Facebook wall. (The picture is a screenshot of my favorite comment.)
As reported by The New Civil Rights Movement website:
A same-sex couple who have a two-year old son have been denied access to a health club’s swimming pool because they are a same-sex couple. The Roanoke Athletic Club, which is owned by a regional Virginia medical provider, Carilion Clinic, has revoked the membership of the family after they realized the family was headed by two gay dads.
Some people will, of course, ask, “Why don’t the two dads just get individual memberships?” From a story on the website roanoke.com:
"The Children’s Rules provide that only children on a family membership may use the youth services room, the track, group exercise, cardiovascular, Nautilus, LifeFitness, Keiser and gymnasium…."
However, I could be wrong. If you practice bigotry, maybe you want everyone to comment on your Facebook wall. I don’t use Facebook, nor do I practice bigotry, so I’m not really up to date on the proper etiquette regarding how one should merge the two things. There’s probably a class or something for that.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- vernaveravin likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- timeoflilacs said:Wow, that’s ridiculous. The bigotry, not the comment. The comment was pretty good..
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- asimpledad said:I told this to my wife and she told me I should contact them to represent them, regardless of the fact that it is 6 hours away. But before I could do anything hamptonroads.com/2012/07…
- sweetcarolinealine said:Oh, and they thought Virginia was progressive. No, if anything it’s lesser progressive in that arena more so than North Carolina! I hate this for anyone. It just makes me so sad.
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- piggyvonninja likes this
- how2beadad said:Throat punches for everyone. #peoplecrazy
- how2beadad likes this
- ringaring-aroses likes this
- lolkay likes this
- rockthecradle-rocktheboat likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- punkdad likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- lazydad likes this
- earlymother said:Excuse me, but why does it matter that this child has two dads? My daughter has no dads. I’d say having two dads is better than one. Someone’s sexuality is totally irrelevant in applying for memberships.
- northernmomma likes this
- detectivenigma reblogged this from electradaddy
- wineredhush likes this
- wineredhush said:sigh.
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
fuck the ones that show clueless dads…ugh.
- “If they miss you, they’ll call. If they want you, they’ll say it. If they care, they’ll show it. And if not, they aren’t worth your time.”
- Finn:You know what's weird?Me:What's that?Finn:That you are so much younger than your sister but look a lot older.Me:Seriously? Do you want me to do anything for you...like ever again?... ...
- Paper towel commercials are such bullshit.
The kids make a mess and the parents clean it up with a huge smile on their face?
- Christmas presents
This is apparently the year of “I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO GET ANYONE!”
Betti wants everything. Veronica wants nothing. My sister...
- You Know What's Scary?
When an unknown “Business Developer” from Lockheed Martin looks at your LinkedIn profile.
- 2013: 336/365
It’s probably *highly* inappropriate, but I’m letting Ross and E watch “The Lost World.” Now that the Hubs is on the couch with them,...