As a parent, I’ve learned that something about the word fart seems to create a joy amongst little boys that is both astonishing and alarming.
I’ve pretty much given up trying to erase the word from the twins’ vocabulary. So, I decided to classify the word as something we only say at home - and never in public. Even with this compromise, I’m constantly listening for the word so that I can gently remind them that fart is an “only at-home” word.
Given the attention I’ve had to focus on the word fart, I guess it really shouldn’t surprise me that I read the title of this board game as “Fart or Crap” the first time I saw it.
If only my dissertation committee could see me now.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- vernaveravin likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- bumbleeebeees said:Fart or crap would make a much better board game. Like a totally inappropriate game of charades. I’m horrible, but that game would go over big at my house. We’re shameless.
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- thesassyprince likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- howtomakelovestay likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- 2kidsmom likes this
- lazydad likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- mamaswears likes this
- punkdad likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- hey-there-moonflower said:Lmbo!!
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- bardincognito likes this
- lolkay likes this
- electradaddy posted this