As a parent, I’ve learned that something about the word fart seems to create a joy amongst little boys that is both astonishing and alarming.
I’ve pretty much given up trying to erase the word from the twins’ vocabulary. So, I decided to classify the word as something we only say at home - and never in public. Even with this compromise, I’m constantly listening for the word so that I can gently remind them that fart is an “only at-home” word.
Given the attention I’ve had to focus on the word fart, I guess it really shouldn’t surprise me that I read the title of this board game as “Fart or Crap” the first time I saw it.
If only my dissertation committee could see me now.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- sleeping-secrets likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- bumbleeebeees said: Fart or crap would make a much better board game. Like a totally inappropriate game of charades. I’m horrible, but that game would go over big at my house. We’re shameless.
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- thesassyprince likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- howtomakelovestay likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- 2kidsmom likes this
- lazydad likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- mamaswears likes this
- punkdad likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- hey-there-moonflower said: Lmbo!!
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- bardowlatry likes this
- lolkay likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
A few things.
1. The Walking Dead is starting to freak me out. Seriously. Who has been bitten?
2. Toddlers can be assholes. No joke. I love my son...
electradaddy asked: Re: your cereal post. I always eat cereal with a tea spoon. Makes it last longer. I like to enjoy the goodness of Fiber One laced with Cap'n Crunch.
I eat all spoon foods with a teaspoon, unless its something hearty and chunky, like stew.
I could legit get by with as many big spoons in the...
So I did an informal poll via text today.
Everyone has finally gotten back to me with the results.
Amongst all the members of my family we...
Just a quickie.
Home now! We had a pretty wonderful time, but I am indescribably happy to be home.
I only gained 0.5 lbs on our trip and Chad says...
LOVE IT SO MUCH!
THIS TIME LAST YEAR
in europe we don’t say “i hate you” we say “nil points” which roughly translates as “we still hold a grudge against you for...