CollegeDaughter is busy working a summer internship in Texas. She’s a lot like DynaPapa in that she tends to get wrapped up in school or work, sometimes at the expense of living a little. During a recent e-mail exchange, I wanted to make sure she wasn’t forgetting to have some fun during her time in Texas. I wrote:
…don’t be a work-a-holic like your dad. Life is all about balance and carrying an exquisite handbag. See the wonderful advice you get when you have a gay dad?!?!
…I think maybe I did get some of dad’s (tendency to fixate on work). (The company) has a shuttle that picks us up every morning to get to work by 8 and then takes us back at 5. But most of the time I wish I could stay longer just because I want to get more work done, because I enjoy it so much.
Yes, that is wonderful advice. And I’m extra lucky because I get two gay dads!
ps. chick-fil-a stinks! Too bad because I liked their milkshake.
Between our busy schedules we haven’t had any time to talk about current events. And, even if we did, our time is so limited that Chick-Fil-A would be at the very bottom of the list. I’m just not going to waste precious time with my kid stressing over Chick-Fil-A’holes. But, looka there. She read about the Chick-Fil-A story on her own and decided not to spend her money there. That’s my kid!! And, I couldn’t be prouder.
You know. I think that’s one of the things that scares people who are opposed to “teh gay” and why they screech against gay parents. Each year more and more kids who’ve been raised by gay parents enter the adult world, influencing their friends and colleagues and showing them that their families deserve respect and equality because we’re not really any different from those families with heterosexual parents. Once people see and understand the commonality, homophobia & bigotry will peel away. That’s got to be a scary prospect for all those groups with the word “family” in their name who make their living espousing homophobic & bigoted notions and ideals.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- muchadoaboutannie said:1) Chick-fil-A’holes is the best thing I’ve heard all day. 2) Your little lady sounds awesome. If she is in the Dallas area and needs some cookies, I’m always here!!!
- muchadoaboutannie likes this
- mnvonbank likes this
- bageldreams likes this
- theramblingark likes this
- koumeps likes this
- happinessisfamily likes this
- timeoflilacs likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- superheroesfightdragons likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- themamalogues likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- wheremygreengrassgrows likes this
- bumbleeebeees said:I genuinely don’t understand homophobia…what’s weird about being gay? It’s about as second nature to me as wearing shoes…I often forget everyone didn’t grow up in an openly gay household. Then I remember and it brings a huge amount of disappointment.
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
Yesterday a guy came up to me at work was like “How are you ever going to get a job with all those piercings?”
I’ll say that...
Going to work late today so the wife and I can take my daughter to her first movie. So excited. Much more than she is.
Work will be pissed though....
- Lost Cool
Please return as soon as possible.
My anger level depends on it.
pissed Off In The CA
- Eating for two
I posted right before Thanksgiving how I was thankful to be able to eat as much as I wanted since I was “eating for two” again this...