I haven’t read Fifty Shades of Grey. —Can you believe I just had to look up how to spell grey? A grown man and I can never remember if it’s an “e” or an “a”. — I don’t need to read another book to know that straight people have sex. I’m bombarded by that tidbit in most movies and books, “not that there’s anything wrong with that”. The bulk of the world is straight. Movie makers and authors want to make money, so they write about a topic to which most people can relate. Makes sense. I mention my reason for not reading this trilogy so that you’ll know that the specific theme of the Grey series doesn’t bother or offend me. Quite frankly, if Anastasia were instead, Andrew, then I’d probably read it.
While I haven’t read the books, I have followed various discussions about the trilogy. Apparently, a radio station in Ohio recently held a book burning for Grey. The DJs said that the biggest complaint from male listeners is
women get so obsessed with the books in the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy that they’re neglecting their men.
Really?!? These men are feeling “neglected” because women are taking the time to read three short books? I realize most people aren’t speed readers but I can’t imagine it takes the average woman any considerable length of time to read those books. I could maybe understand this complaint if we were talking about Tolstoy’s nearly 600,000 word novel, War and Peace. I suspect one of three things is going on here:
- these men are with women that have a serious reading deficit;
- these are some insecure, needy dudes;
- these men are in relationships that have much bigger issues than how long she spends reading Fifty Shades of Grey.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- leifreinalexander likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- waiting4rufus likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- electradaddy likes this
- sweetcarolinealine reblogged this from electradaddy
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- 2kidsmom likes this
- lolkay likes this
- audreyfayesmommieblogs likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- happinessisfamily likes this
- littlepieceofabigsoul likes this
- headphonescinderella reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- superheroesfightdragons said:There’s both ‘gray’ and ‘grey’ -just different ways of using it. “Gray” is a color and “Grey” is a last name or a grey hound(those anorexic looking lean and tall dogs).
- daysofthedad likes this
- mommaofboys likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- “Losing people you love affects you. It is buried inside of you and becomes this big, deep hole of ache. It doesn’t magically go away, even when you...”
- “I am sure God keeps no one waiting unless He sees that it is good for him to wait.”— C.S. Lewis (via breanna-lynn)
Amen! Sometimes it’s hard to...
- We made it!
We made it to church with our darling 19 month old daughter and our beautiful 2 week old boy!
We are in the middle of a series about...
- “Daddy brown and black match. They wee babies together so they grew up and match.”— Fashion advice from my daughter, aged 5