As I’ve mentioned in the past, I watch very little TV. It’s a form of protest. I’m mourning the wonderful game shows we had in the 1970s. It seems they’ve been replaced by reality shows. Boo. Hiss.
My favorite (although the original Family Feud is a close second) game show of the 1970s was Match Game (marketed as Blankety Blank(s) in other countries). The object of the game was for a contestant to match celebrities’ answers to fill-in-the-blank questions. As Wikipedia points out, the show was known for its
statements…written with bawdy, double entendre answers in mind. A classic example: “Did you catch a glimpse of that girl on the corner? She has the world’s biggest _________.”
I’ve often thought the show should be updated for modern times. So, here’s a Match Game question of the day.
Charlie the Caterer said, “Oy. The daughter of the guy who owns Chick-Fil-A is getting married. For the reception, they want a thousand pounds of chicken shaped like ________________.”
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- ringaring-aroses said: I am so addicted to watching re-runs of blankety blank. Obsessed.
- ringaring-aroses likes this
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- thesahmmy said: 1963
- punkdad said: How big was it??? …. And ummm noahs ark
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- “You have to fight through the bad days to get the best days of your life. Relapse and sad days happen, but they do not define you or block you from...”
- “A beautiful day begins with a beautiful mindset. When you wake up, take a second to think about what a privilege it is to simply be alive and...”
- When someone boasts about what good sleepers their babies are
- When you start sleep training
Also… FedEx AND UPS are coming by today… I wonder if they’ll have an epic battle outside our doorstep.
Ordered my new atomizer for my e-cig. It’s coming from Greece, so I hope for a speedy delivery… It’s the descendant of the one that I’ve been using...
OKAY OKAY OKAY I KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY FANDOMS STARTING NOW, LIKE THE SINK FANDOM AND THE TREEHOUSE FANDOM AND THE BLANKET...
- “We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in...”
- Which way will it go...
Woke up 25 minutes late after accidentally hitting “off” instead of snooze on the alarm, got up and realized there was no...