What is it with California stylists/barbers? Why do they hate baby/talc powder? Until I moved to California, the barber almost always applied a dab of baby powder to the back of my neck to prevent post-haircut itchiness. But, not in California. Whenever I ask for it, the stylist looks at me like I’m crazy.
Perhaps, I am.
Any other folks familiar with the practice of applying a bit of baby or talcum powder to the back of the neck to prevent the annoying itchiness that can accompany a haircut?
I grew up in the South so maybe it’s a regional thing (like when I traveled to West Virginia to help open a new Dairy Queen and discovered that a “chili dog with everything” better come topped with cole slaw or a customer will throw the dog back at you)?
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- powderjakol likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- bujnik said: My barber does that.
- lazydad likes this
- kiriannasays said: They do it in NZ. Well, some barbers do.
- mammalingo likes this
- asimpledad said: In Virginia we do it. Best part of the haircut.
- koumeps said: I have personally never heard of that
- northernmomma said: They do that for the boys…here in Maine…in va where we lived .everywhere else they have gone to military barbers and it is common practice there as well
- northernmomma likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- misterbillforeal likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
if i get 11 more followers today i'll...
I dunno, make suggestions and tell people to follow me?
To all you bitching about the Yahoo purchase of Tumblr
My college buddy is a cofounder or some shit of Tumblr. All I have to say is, good for him. He...
plot twist: yahoo buys tumblr and we get proper blocking features, lockable posts, a sent folder in messages/fanmail with a better interface, ability to search multiple tags, removal of the post and message limits, proper search engines for likes/archives and removing that bloody "reblog as a link" option.
Ordering a pizza and watching Cabin in the Woods.
Actually got the bed to myself for once
(Well, and Jake but he doesn’t count)
And instead of sleeping I’m sat on Tumblr. What am I doing?!