We don’t own any video games. The twins don’t own any toy guns. The twins have never seen me or anyone else shoot (or even hold) a gun. They don’t hear us talk about guns in a positive or negative way.
Nevertheless, whenever we have dinner at Round Table Pizza, the first thing my twins do is make a beeline for the target practice video game in the arcade room. I’ve never given them any quarters for this game so they’ve actually never played it. They just pick up the guns and pretend to shoot at the screen.
The only children I see playing this video game are boys. I’m undecided as to whether this fascination with toy gun play is hard-wired into a little boy’s brain or if boys are socialized into this behavior. My gut instinct is that it’s a combination of the two.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- lettersforharper likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- waiting4rufus likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- kimber-leigh said: My boys would turn any and everything into a gun out of nowhere. It’s got to be a boy thing!
- mommaofboys likes this
- sleeping-secrets likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- badassbettie likes this
- punkdad likes this
- misterbillforeal likes this
- bumbleeebeees said: I used to love those games. I thought I had a sort of Tomb-Raider-esque.
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- robins-nest likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
Teddy keeps grabbing for my food
It’s like NO YOU’RE A BABY YOU CAN ONLY HAVE MILK.
Hey out there!
To all of my followers, friends and the one that just check in from time to time, there will be a very important...
Jake made me a normal person's portion size of pasta
And it’s like 1/4 of what I’d usually eat. I’M STILL HUNGRY.
Funny iChat's from last night.
Amy: Admit it .. you thought of Dave Grohl naked last night.
C: So what if I did?
Amy: Well did you?