During registration, I agreed to volunteer at the twins’ school. I tried to pick a volunteer activity that seemed interesting, but didn’t require an excessive time commitment. For example, the job description for “Room Mother” was 8 pages. Front & back. I love my kids, but no way in hell was I taking on that (unpaid) full time job.
Ultimately, I picked the library. However, this may not have been a smart move.
- Needles terrify me. Because I’ll be volunteering around the students, the school required a TB skin test. Sh*t! This test involved a mean looking nurse ramming a needle into my arm. I swear she giggled as she said, “Oops. I’ve done better sticks than that. Looks like yours is going to bleed a bit.”
- Apparently, when they said the library slogan is, “Let’s do Dewey,” they had something in mind that was totally different than what I had envisioned. “Let’s do Dewey” does not, contrary to what I thought, involve a gorgeous, hunky librarian named “Dewey”. Instead, it means I have to learn the Dewey Decimal system. Lovely! I’m fairly certain I flunked my fourth grade test on this subject. I’m not sure this time around is going to be any better.
The things we do for our children!
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- timeoflilacs likes this
- lettersforharper likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- neuroticdad likes this
- punkdad likes this
- ilikegame likes this
- togetbackhomeward likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- vernaveravin likes this
- mediocremommy likes this
- northernmomma said:You are not kidding about room “mom” that is a full-time job where u end up paying the school to cover kids whose parents don’t send in money cause u feel bad and work your ass off with little to no help..I choose to bake :-) I support room parents
- northernmomma likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- designingdaddy likes this
- thedefinitionofmycharacter likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- magmom likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- asimpledad said:I am sure the kids will be super excited to see you around the school. It was always assuring to me when I had a parent around during school. Plus when I would forget a permission slip they were near by.
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- Throwback Thursday, Christmas 2008
That time we stuck a Santa hat on Big’s head and plopped him on a rocking horse and...
Today we are going Christmas shopping. This is the first year we’ll be able to afford to buy our son presents.
Brb while I cry my eyes out.
- “I despise my own hypersensitiveness, which requires so much reassurance. It is certainly abnormal to crave so much to be loved and understood.”
When my Dr said, “Make sure you get lots of rest,” I started to laugh, and he started to laugh, and we laughed because a person with three kids will...
- Did It Again
Simply can’t resist napping with my boy.
- Happy 3 Weeks
Little Man! You have been growing so much. Today you weighed 9 lbs 7 oz! That is almost two full pounds past your birth weight.
- you have to destroy the brain
The day before Thanksgiving, I received an email about a lice outbreak at Adelaide’s school.
This afternoon, I...