During registration, I agreed to volunteer at the twins’ school. I tried to pick a volunteer activity that seemed interesting, but didn’t require an excessive time commitment. For example, the job description for “Room Mother” was 8 pages. Front & back. I love my kids, but no way in hell was I taking on that (unpaid) full time job.
Ultimately, I picked the library. However, this may not have been a smart move.
- Needles terrify me. Because I’ll be volunteering around the students, the school required a TB skin test. Sh*t! This test involved a mean looking nurse ramming a needle into my arm. I swear she giggled as she said, “Oops. I’ve done better sticks than that. Looks like yours is going to bleed a bit.”
- Apparently, when they said the library slogan is, “Let’s do Dewey,” they had something in mind that was totally different than what I had envisioned. “Let’s do Dewey” does not, contrary to what I thought, involve a gorgeous, hunky librarian named “Dewey”. Instead, it means I have to learn the Dewey Decimal system. Lovely! I’m fairly certain I flunked my fourth grade test on this subject. I’m not sure this time around is going to be any better.
The things we do for our children!
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- timeoflilacs likes this
- lettersforharper likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- neuroticdad likes this
- punkdad likes this
- ilikegame likes this
- togetbackhomeward likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- sleeping-secrets likes this
- mediocremommy likes this
- northernmomma said: You are not kidding about room “mom” that is a full-time job where u end up paying the school to cover kids whose parents don’t send in money cause u feel bad and work your ass off with little to no help..I choose to bake :-) I support room parents
- northernmomma likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- designingdaddy likes this
- thedefinitionofmycharacter likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- magmom likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- asimpledad said: I am sure the kids will be super excited to see you around the school. It was always assuring to me when I had a parent around during school. Plus when I would forget a permission slip they were near by.
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
Every night.-Yawns--Gets comfortable--Wonders what time it is-8;55PMBedtime.
I feel so sneaky! It's awesome.
The kids have been super picky eaters lately, and with all Veronica’s food issues and weight issues (she weighs less...
Yes. Because that Microsoft paper clip created paper clip hate! You may be too young to...
At the end of this next semester I won’t be a freshmen anymore!