- Do you untie your shoes before removing them?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
- If you have a car, what color is it?
- What do you think is the ideal size (either in number of bedrooms/bathrooms or square footage) of a home?
- What’s your favorite TV theme song?
- When getting dressed: sock-sock-shoe-shoe or sock-shoe-sock-shoe?
- Your preferred brand of toilet paper?
- When was the last time you cried?
- Manual toothbrush, electric toothbrush, or no toothbrush?
- If you could give yourself a new name what would it be? Dusty Rhodes or Sterling Silver. Can’t decide.
- Is there one invention that you wish you had created, if so, what is it? The iPad because I would have installed Flash.
- Pretend you were having a portrait taken and you could have three props with you. What would those props be? Hockey goalie mask, hockey jersey, machete. (You see where I’m going with this, right?)
- What is the one thing you hope your children (or other’s) think about you? That I love them more than anything on this planet.
- Piercings, tattoos, or neither? Do you have any? Neither. But, I’ve always wanted a tattoo.
- What is the best memory from your childhood? The summers I spent with my grandparents.
- Your life is being turned into a feature film. Who would play you and your significant other (if you have one that is)? Randolph Scott & Cary Grant
- A rainy day or a sunny day? Which do you prefer? Sunny day. So we can use the pool.
- What is your favorite number and why? 2 is my favorite number. To quote the song: “To make a dream come true, just takes two.”
- If you had to eat one thing everyday for the rest of your life what would that be? Eggs over easy cooked in bacon grease.
- Do you love or hate your job, and why? Love my job (bookkeeping/payroll). I can work from home & complete most of the work on my own timetable.
- If money, time, and family responsibilities were no object, what is your fantasy vacation destination? Dubrovnik.
- How many close friends do you have who are a different race and/or ethnicity from you? Two.
- What is the best meal that you’ve ever had and where did you have it? Eggs Hussarde & Bananas Foster at Brennan’s in New Orleans.
- Are you good at keeping a secret? Why or why not? Yes. Most people think I’m boring and don’t want to talk to me, so who the hell am I gonna tell?
- What song did you/will you/would you play for the first dance at your wedding/commitment ceremony/Quinceañera? "One More Day" by Diamond Rio.
- If you had to change your name, but you have to keep the same initials, what would you change it to? Kingsley Tut because then my name would be King Tut.
- What is your favorite season, and why? Summer. Kids are out of school & we can use the pool.
- How did you break up with your last romantic relationship? I told him I thought he was a lousy parent to his kid and that I was looking for someone with whom I could have kids and that I wouldn’t trust him to care for a houseplant, so I wanted to move out. Two weeks later, the moving truck was in the driveway. That was the end of that 3 year relationship.
- Did your life turn out like what you thought it would when you were young? Are you kidding? I was a gay kid growing up in the South in the 70s & 80s. I was told that all gay people got AIDS and died alone. I never imagined that I find someone to share my life with or that I’d be a dad.
1. What’s your favorite movie line & why? Gordie (Stand By Me): “Suck my fat one, you cheap dime store hood.” It’s my favorite because it’s often what I want to tell people when I’m mad.
2. What’s your favorite joke? “Rick Santorum is so stupid; he thinks KY Jelly is jam made in Kentucky.”
3. Describe your favorite birthday memory (your birthday, not the birth of a child). On my 10th birthday, my parents gave me a guitar and the Kenny Rogers’ “Coward of the County” album. I was in heaven.
4. Describe one item that you own that’s a family heirloom/antique/of some sentimental significance. My grandmother’s cast-iron skillet. Many wonderful memories of her cooking terrific meals and all of us sitting around the table enjoying each other’s company.
5. Describe a moment or experience that you consider a personal turning point in your life. When I decided to come out. A life built on being dishonest and hiding who you are is a terrible way to live.
6. What do you lie about most often? People will ask, “How are you?” and I always say “fine”, even if I’m not fine and am having a day where I’d like to either push someone off the Golden Gate Bridge or jump myself.
7. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? A truly amazing and wonderful woman agreed to be our gestational surrogate. I wouldn’t have my kids if it weren’t for her and the egg donor.
8. How many significant romantic relationships have you had in your life? Two.
9. Describe your perfect morning. The twins wake up in a good mood, happily eat their breakfast, cheerfully brush their teeth, and eagerly get dressed so that we leave on time. (I wonder if we’ll ever achieve such perfection.)
10. What’s your favorite article of clothing, and why? My boxer shorts. They protect my junk. Protecting the junk is a critical task, the importance of which should never be overlooked or taken for granted.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- lettersforharper likes this
- kitkatloves likes this
- lolkay likes this
- iloverockandroll1977 likes this
- mamaswears said:The all important “protecting the junk” answer is my fave.
- mamaswears likes this
- jimnasium likes this
- discoballdad said:You mean I can just jump on the bandwagon without having to grovel for an invite? You are the best!
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- discoballdad likes this
- punkdad said:My gosh do I love you
- midwestern-momma likes this
- bageldreams likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- Bus Update
So the school has started having the teachers buckle the kids in, to remove the issue of Veronica (and other kids) simply refusing the bus...
- it's not just for boy scouts
Last night, a woman who was in my Bradley Method class when I was pregnant with Adelaide had her second child …
- “Things are happening in my head faster than in real life, & it’s incredibly difficult to keep up with both.”— Mrs.Verges
I haven’t been avoiding tumblr, and technically I’ve had tons of time to write.
A) I’m sitting on the edge of my seat waiting...
Okay. I guess you weren’t interested in my call for your stories because:
- I only got one submission; and
- It was a tragic (and vividly...