Things You Should Do In Life:
1. Volunteer in your kid’s school library. As you can see from the picture, I passed my TB skin test so today was my first shift in the library. It was fun. I checked books in. I checked books out. I filed some books back on the shelf. But, by far, the best part was when the teachers had the kindergarteners line up and say thank you to me as they were leaving. Kids really are precious at that age.
2. Always, always take advantage of an opportunity to meet a fellow Tumblr. DynaPapa and I had the pleasure of eating dinner with DiscoBallDad last night. He’s even more charming and witty in person than he is on his blog and he’s pretty damn awesome on his blog.
DBD is the third Tumblr that I’ve met in person and each experience has come with an added bonus. Meeting TheDaddyComplex gave me the chance to also meet his wife. She’s so funny. I wish, wish, wish she had a blog. When I met BumbleeeBeees, she brought her baby along. He is one of the cutest and most sweetest babies that you’ll ever meet. So easy going. Didn’t fuss once the entire evening. Last evening, when I met DiscoBallDad, he had a colleague join us. I swear the two of them should start a comedy routine. DynaPapa and I were in stitches the entire time. I don’t know how any work gets accomplished with those two in the same room - that’s how funny they were. It was a terrific meal, enjoyed with awesome company.
At times the world can be a disheartening place. But, volunteering in the school library and meeting Tumblr friends can more than restore your faith in humanity.
Note: I’ve also been lucky in that I don’t think any of the Tumblr folks that I’ve met have come away thinking I’m “Paula-Hamilton-Take-That’s-How-Deep-Is-Your-Love-video” crazy. Perhaps, this proves there’s some truth to the Abraham Lincoln quote, “you can fool some of the people all of the time….” Thank goodness for that!
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- daughterofthebeard likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- bumbleeebeees said: I’m so jealous. My two favorite bloggers in one place. What I would have done to be there!
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- neuroticdad likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- asimpledad said: Leah says all the time she wants to meet you.
- asimpledad likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- discoballdad likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- mommaofboys likes this
- loveismayhem likes this
- indymakes3 likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- lazydad said: All kinds of wonderful!
- kimcheez likes this
- lazydad likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- togetbackhomeward likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
Just taught Liam how to dunk cookies in milk.
His life will never be the same.
Anonymous asked: will Ryan still see Zoe/be involved in her life now you guys have split? if not what would you tell her when she's older if she saw a picture of him with her and asked who he was?
He could be if he wanted to be, they were friends and I’d let him. I’d be willing to bet he won’t, he couldn’t be bothered making an effort with his...
Free Tee Friday!
This week’s Free Tee Friday is brought to you by the great city of Monstropolis!
“We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”