OlderTwin has been asking for a pet for quite sometime. Today, while he was out running errands with DynaPapa, he decided that worms would make a terrific first pet. And, of course, since DynaPapa is about to leave for 10 days, he bought YoungerTwin 50 meal worms. That live in a jar. Inside the house. If the worms live long enough, they apparently turn into beetles. All while DynaPapa is out of town. Yay. Lovely.
For someone who believes that wildlife (defined as anything other than a dog or a cat) is best observed on TV from the comfort and relative safety of one’s home, I must say that enduring these worms and acting excited about them is definitely a testament to the extremes that a parent will undergo when they love their child.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- sweetcarolinealine said: Nnoooo. Get it out. They can be warm outside. I love H, but no pets besides a fish or dog will ever be allowed in this house!
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- timeoflilacs likes this
- mommaofboys likes this
- julianascorner likes this
- myflashgamebase likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- bageldreams said: Blurg! No thank you!
- bageldreams likes this
- ifapictureisworthathousandwords likes this
- headphonescinderella likes this
- miles--files said: oh my goodness, you poor soul you. :(
- miles--files likes this
- daysofthedad said: Ahhhhh! I hate worms!
- daysofthedad likes this
- themamalogues likes this
- themamalogues said: aaaahhhhhhgggggghhhhhhh. that is all.
- howtomakelovestay likes this
- togetbackhomeward likes this
- serendipityschild likes this
- pink--oleander likes this
- bumbleeebeees said: Pet rock sounds reasonable.
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- lazydad likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- kimber-leigh said: Bugs and boys, no better combination!
- punkdad likes this
- pieconspiracy said: Oh gross. Meal worms give me the creeps.
- lolkay likes this
- siriuslyhiding said: oh and some of them will turn into beetles.
- bujnik said: Lol’d.
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
My Heart Melts. Again.It's 10pm. We are on our way home from a dinner at a friend's house.Maggie: Mommy, I'm so sleepy.Me: Then close your eyes and sleep.... ...
Selecting my brother for our gift enchange was a smart idea.
I asked him for suggestions what he wants.
"I want a Home Depot gift card."
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can....”