My adopted brother (who’s now in his mid-20s) learned that his biological father was recently released from prison after serving 14 years for the severe child abuse that he inflicted on his four children. My brother’s one question was: “Do you think he’d like to see me?” I didn’t really know how to answer that one.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- sweetcarolinealine said:He’s curious, but I would caution him. What he’s feeling is normal. Having grown up in and around that kind of situation I always say, call first and visit later. Months of calls would suffice, but no, I would not drive to him or seek him out in that way.
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- muchadoaboutannie said:Oh man :( I wish I knew something good to say!! I hope everything turns out well.
- mommaofboys likes this
- ringaring-aroses likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- asimpledad said:I am sure you will give him the best advice
- asimpledad likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- rockthecradle-rocktheboat likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- northernmomma said:I thing I would ask what he needs….why he would need to see him…does he need closure? Does he hope he is different…I would also warn that he may be setting himself up for more mental pain…just give him some things to think about and be there
- northernmomma likes this
- punkdad said:Ugh now no like
- rockabillymomma said:That is hard.
- rockabillymomma likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- It's The Holidays...
…is my excuse for everything I do from November 1st to January 2nd.
- I ate a block of cheese… It’s the holidays.
- I unfollowed...
- mom2mj asked:Once you get this, you must share 5 random facts about yourself, then pass this on to your 10 favorite followers (^.^)
Here is five more before dinner!
1. One of my pupils is bigger than the other. Its a fact I have to know and tell drs so I don’t get sent for MRIs...
- Repeat Ten Times Daily
- Getting Through the Friday Afternoon Slump
I do not always listen to music at work, but certain tasks just call for it. And this afternoon I...