The scars of child abuse and neglect run deep.
When my brother’s biological parents became heavy, heavy big-time drug users, the cleanliness (or uncleanliness) of their trailer wasn’t an important issue. Hence, they developed a significant bug/cockroach problem. One of the places the bugs liked to inhabit was the inside of the cereal boxes. So, quite often, when my brother would pour himself and his three younger siblings a bowl of cereal a family of bugs would fall into the bowls and scurry away. To this day my brother won’t eat cereal. Period. Under any circumstances.
My brother’s biological father enjoyed (and apparently this is a somewhat common trait amongst abusers) waking the kids in the middle of the night to inflict the worst physical abuse. He also enjoyed using this time to toss them into the bathtub and carry out his own form of water boarding. To this day, people are not allowed to wake my brother in the middle of the night. Ever. If you do, one of two reactions are quite possible. He may, unconsciously, lash out and punch you or curl into a fetal position and sob like a toddler.
Some memories just never leave you.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- beingthemitchells likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- discoballdad likes this
- wheremygreengrassgrows said:intense.
- wheremygreengrassgrows likes this
- magmom likes this
- asimpledad said:So horrible.
- kiriannasays said:This makes me so, so sad.
- neuroticdad said:Dear God, that’s heartbreaking.
- mywildloves said:Thats so terrible. Im so sorry he (or anyone) had to endure that.
- mywildloves likes this
- piggyvonninja said:This makes my heart ache so much. I don’t believe that there is a reason for anything but I believe that there is a reason that life has brought him to you.
- mammalingo said:Oh my goodness. This is so sad. I am just happy that your brother now has you and your wonderful family. I just really have no words..
- daysofthedad said:Terrible. I amazed at the evil and hate some people have in them. I’m also amazed at the amount of love and understanding others have in them. It’s the role of the others to care for the victims of the some. I’m glad your brother has found you.
- lolkay said:That absolutely breaks my heart. I’m so sorry he had to endure that (and I’m sure much more).
- punkdad said:The trauma never goes. Poor guy.
- kitkatloves said:It is people like that that I reserve the c word for. My father included. I really feel for your brother!
- togetbackhomeward said:That’s awful. My heart hurts for him.
- hey-there-moonflower said:Oh my goodness my heart aches for him, I hope that in time he is able to heal, at least for the most part.
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- “When two people are meant for each other, no time is too long, no distance is too far, and no one can ever tear them apart.”— Frank Ocean
Shout out to all the closeted LGBT people who have to return to unsafe family environments this season. Remember that there...
Does anyone know of a streaming service that has the latest season of Walking Dead, I’m talking about the season that is currently on television....
Im just crazy enough to start baking cookies at 9:30pm.