From the book about jellyfish that OlderTwin checked out from the library today.
Unlike most other animals, the male jellyfish does not need to touch the female jellyfish in order to fertilize her eggs!
- And, all this time I thought I was a gay man. Turns out I’m really a jellyfish because thankfully no touching was required in my situation either. We had a lab technician for that.
- You know there are some first or second graders out there who hear this passage and immediately think they’re having a baby because they have held hands with a member of the opposite sex. Why do books use such ridiculous euphemisms?
This factoid about female jellyfish grabbed my attention, too.
…most jellyfish females hold the eggs in their mouth until the larvae are ready to hatch.
Kinda makes you appreciate the uterus.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- timeoflilacs likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- lettersforharper likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- butdadsaid likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- lesbibffs likes this
- designingdaddy likes this
- lazydad likes this
- anothermommy likes this
- mnvonbank likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- punkdad likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- I recognize that look
A little back story here: between the two of us Chad and I visit Target probably 2-3 a week. We buy 90% of our groceries as...
- lindsay-looo asked:List random 5 facts about yourself & then send this to your 10 favorite followers <3 (I know you probably don't have time for this, but you're my top 10 tumblr-friend! Just thought you should know ;))
1. I watch adult swim every night before I go to sleep.
2. I have gained 20 lbs so far this pregnancy.. I was aiming for 25 but it looks like that...