From the book about jellyfish that OlderTwin checked out from the library today.
Unlike most other animals, the male jellyfish does not need to touch the female jellyfish in order to fertilize her eggs!
- And, all this time I thought I was a gay man. Turns out I’m really a jellyfish because thankfully no touching was required in my situation either. We had a lab technician for that.
- You know there are some first or second graders out there who hear this passage and immediately think they’re having a baby because they have held hands with a member of the opposite sex. Why do books use such ridiculous euphemisms?
This factoid about female jellyfish grabbed my attention, too.
…most jellyfish females hold the eggs in their mouth until the larvae are ready to hatch.
Kinda makes you appreciate the uterus.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- timeoflilacs likes this
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- lettersforharper likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- butdadsaid likes this
- mammalingo likes this
- lesbibffs likes this
- designingdaddy likes this
- lazydad likes this
- anothermommy likes this
- mvonbank likes this
- asimpledad likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- punkdad likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
rococo5eva asked: The "if it feels good, it can't be wrong" argument is one employed by five-year-olds who want to eat seven slices of cake. WTF.
Or 39 year olds who want to bed anything female that looks twice at them.
Impulse control… good at all ages.
Why do my kids act like they’re possessed from 4-5pm every day? They’re not hungry or tired. They’re just completely insane.
I really really really really am trying to teach my soon to be two year old about responsible pet ownership and how to be nice to animals.