Yay! I’ve been approved. This tax season I’ll be participating in a volunteer program that helps low and moderate-income taxpayers file their taxes. There’s no cost to the taxpayer when they use this service.
I participated in this program many years ago but moved away from it when I got busy with the Dairy Queens. As a CPA, it often feels like my options for helping people are limited. In contrast, lawyers can make a huge impact in people’s lives by taking important cases on a pro bono basis and writers can gain attention for causes by writing about them and promoting them on their blogs. When you’re a numbers and spreadsheets guy, rather than a people and language person, it can feel like a struggle to find a way to use your specialized knowledge and skills to help people in a meaningful way.
So many folks find the process of completing their tax forms to be overwhelming, daunting, and mind-boggling. It’s always nice to help those folks who can’t really afford to pay a tax preparer but need some assistance in completing the forms.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- rockabillymomma likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- generxdad said: I got an idea for helping thru accounting but it is too late at night for the details so writing this now so that can remember to follow with you later.
- generxdad likes this
- asimpledad said: Have I ever told you my dad is a CPA.
- neuroticdad likes this
- havekidslaughmore likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- lightningbaltimore likes this
- piggyvonninja likes this
- blastoffbabyboy likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- thedefinitionofmycharacter likes this
- howbo15 likes this
- 2402trinity2010 likes this
- superheroesfightdragons likes this
- punkdad likes this
- fifthand57th likes this
- oneluckyelephant likes this
- sweetcarolinealine said: I wish I we were closer. we always go to H&R Block and they charge an arm and a leg. I have no idea what the hell I’m doing either!
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- midwestern-momma said: Good for you! A friend of mine (also a CPA) does something similar in Illinois.
- northernmomma likes this
- midwestern-momma likes this
- themamalogues likes this
- wordslikeswords likes this
- magmom likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- kimcheez said: This is so great to hear!
- kimcheez likes this
- electradaddy posted this