Yay! I’ve been approved. This tax season I’ll be participating in a volunteer program that helps low and moderate-income taxpayers file their taxes. There’s no cost to the taxpayer when they use this service.
I participated in this program many years ago but moved away from it when I got busy with the Dairy Queens. As a CPA, it often feels like my options for helping people are limited. In contrast, lawyers can make a huge impact in people’s lives by taking important cases on a pro bono basis and writers can gain attention for causes by writing about them and promoting them on their blogs. When you’re a numbers and spreadsheets guy, rather than a people and language person, it can feel like a struggle to find a way to use your specialized knowledge and skills to help people in a meaningful way.
So many folks find the process of completing their tax forms to be overwhelming, daunting, and mind-boggling. It’s always nice to help those folks who can’t really afford to pay a tax preparer but need some assistance in completing the forms.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- bumbleeebeees likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- stay-at-homedadblunders likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- rockabillymomma likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- generxdad said: I got an idea for helping thru accounting but it is too late at night for the details so writing this now so that can remember to follow with you later.
- generxdad likes this
- asimpledad said: Have I ever told you my dad is a CPA.
- neuroticdad likes this
- havekidslaughmore likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- mywildloves likes this
- lightningbaltimore likes this
- piggyvonninja likes this
- blastoffbabyboy likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- thedefinitionofmycharacter likes this
- howbo15 likes this
- 2402trinity2010 likes this
- superheroesfightdragons likes this
- punkdad likes this
- cornerof5thand57th likes this
- oneluckyelephant likes this
- sweetcarolinealine said: I wish I we were closer. we always go to H&R Block and they charge an arm and a leg. I have no idea what the hell I’m doing either!
- sweetcarolinealine likes this
- midwestern-momma said: Good for you! A friend of mine (also a CPA) does something similar in Illinois.
- northernmomma likes this
- midwestern-momma likes this
- themamalogues likes this
- wordslikeswords likes this
- magmom likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- photosbykime said: This is so great to hear!
- photosbykime likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- My brain is made of NutellaLuke:[age 9] "I'm telepathic."Beth:[age 5] "What does that mean?"Luke:"It means I can move things with my mind. I just think about it and it moves."... ...
- Tough seminar
Now it’s social hour. Went through a large bottle if sake, not available here in the US. Two tequila bottles, not available here. And...
What is it about grapes which means you can’t stop eating them until the whole packet is gone?
- Its official...
I am ready for Gerry to come home like right this minute! Its been a good week with the kids. A lot of fun! We have been productive....