…you’re a fag, but I’m not sure what that means.”
That greeting from the twins’ classmate who we saw on the playground this week came as a bit of a shock.
My initial reaction was to say, “Well, it means your dad is an asshole.” But, as I looked at the innocence on the kid’s face, I thought, “What it means is that if your dad is comfortable using that kind of language around his six year old then I hope & pray that you turn out straight. Otherwise, I fear your dad will treat you horribly, placing you on the fast track of becoming another depressed 14 year old who feels alone & harms himself in some way whether it’s through drugs, unsafe sex, alcohol, or suicide.”
So, I just smiled and said, “I’m not really sure what it means but my name is Kenny so why don’t you just call me that.”
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- enriquemolina likes this
- anknara likes this
- missterclean likes this
- sunsaturatedsidethoughts likes this
- mar-see-ah likes this
- headphonescinderella likes this
- thepreppyhippielife likes this
- mamamusement likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- loveeeofmine reblogged this from r0b0t-l0ve
- r0b0t-l0ve reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- robot-heart likes this
- sleeping-secrets likes this
- lipglosshippy reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- anearlierheaven likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- hey-there-moonflower said: This made me so sad. You handled it wonderfully though.
- mommymohawk likes this
- polishgypsy87 likes this
- timeoflilacs said: This was a really sad post. I’m so sorry. But you definitely had the best response ever. <3
- katalyst13 reblogged this from electradaddy
- asimpledad said: You are amazing.
- asimpledad likes this
- electradaddy likes this
- liannecollins likes this
- how2beadad likes this
- goldadore likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- 2girls1dumpling likes this
- oursarah likes this
- venus2pluto likes this
- theymightbeclippy likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- thatgingeone likes this
- kelseylightning likes this
- mrstu likes this
- lesbianfamilies likes this
- kesslersantos likes this
- lightningbaltimore said: You never cease to impress me. What a great answer!
- lightningbaltimore likes this
- fifthand57th said: Good. Grief. People can really suck.
- fifthand57th likes this
- yohanlim reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- yohanlim likes this
- pschoultz likes this
- zombie-mama likes this
- mediocremommy likes this
- tumblingmommy likes this
- thehobodad reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- togetbackhomeward said: Wow. Just wow. Glad you took the high road of course, but it’s so sad that people are teaching their children that sort of language.
Stuff I Like
To all you bitching about the Yahoo purchase of Tumblr
My college buddy is a cofounder or some shit of Tumblr. All I have to say is, good for him. He...
plot twist: yahoo buys tumblr and we get proper blocking features, lockable posts, a sent folder in messages/fanmail with a better interface, ability to search multiple tags, removal of the post and message limits, proper search engines for likes/archives and removing that bloody "reblog as a link" option.
Ordering a pizza and watching Cabin in the Woods.
Actually got the bed to myself for once
(Well, and Jake but he doesn’t count)
And instead of sleeping I’m sat on Tumblr. What am I doing?!