…you’re a fag, but I’m not sure what that means.”
That greeting from the twins’ classmate who we saw on the playground this week came as a bit of a shock.
My initial reaction was to say, “Well, it means your dad is an asshole.” But, as I looked at the innocence on the kid’s face, I thought, “What it means is that if your dad is comfortable using that kind of language around his six year old then I hope & pray that you turn out straight. Otherwise, I fear your dad will treat you horribly, placing you on the fast track of becoming another depressed 14 year old who feels alone & harms himself in some way whether it’s through drugs, unsafe sex, alcohol, or suicide.”
So, I just smiled and said, “I’m not really sure what it means but my name is Kenny so why don’t you just call me that.”
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- sweetzoeneverlied likes this
- enriquemolina likes this
- anknara likes this
- missterclean likes this
- sunsaturatedsidethoughts likes this
- mar-see-ah likes this
- headphonescinderella likes this
- thepreppyhippielife likes this
- mamamusement likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- memory-hole likes this
- vernaveravin likes this
- lipglosshippy reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- hey-there-moonflower said: This made me so sad. You handled it wonderfully though.
- mommymohawk likes this
- polishgypsy87 likes this
- timeoflilacs said: This was a really sad post. I’m so sorry. But you definitely had the best response ever. <3
- katalyst13 reblogged this from electradaddy
- asimpledad said: You are amazing.
- asimpledad likes this
- electradaddy likes this
- liannecollins likes this
- how2beadad likes this
- goldadore likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- oursarah likes this
- venus2pluto likes this
- theymightbeclippy likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- thatgingeone likes this
- rockthecradle-rocktheboat likes this
- mrstu likes this
- lesbianfamilies likes this
- mykidsmaybecrazy likes this
- lightningbaltimore said: You never cease to impress me. What a great answer!
- lightningbaltimore likes this
- cornerof5thand57th said: Good. Grief. People can really suck.
- cornerof5thand57th likes this
- yohanlim reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- yohanlim likes this
- pschoultz likes this
- horror-mama likes this
- mediocremommy likes this
- thehobodad reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- togetbackhomeward said: Wow. Just wow. Glad you took the high road of course, but it’s so sad that people are teaching their children that sort of language.
- togetbackhomeward likes this
- loveandresentment reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- iloverockandroll1977 likes this
Stuff I Like
- My kids are just cool people.
We grabbed a quick bite and went grocery shopping and it was a blast. My big kids took half my list and SB and I did...
- “Give me pizza, grab my butt and tell me how handsome I am.”— (via vanillav)
- We're playing board games and listening to a hot 90s station.
Backstreets back alright.
- 2014: 59/365
I ate a whole box of Sno-caps and I’m following that up with a Fudge Ice Cream Bar.
I’m obviously very serious about feeling better in...
I just couldn’t dinner tonight so I sprang for Chinese food. Bellies full, Harry & I watched a creature double feature of Wonder Pets in mommy &...
I’m not a stalker, I’ve just been at work all day and like reading all the posts I’ve missed.