…you’re a fag, but I’m not sure what that means.”
That greeting from the twins’ classmate who we saw on the playground this week came as a bit of a shock.
My initial reaction was to say, “Well, it means your dad is an asshole.” But, as I looked at the innocence on the kid’s face, I thought, “What it means is that if your dad is comfortable using that kind of language around his six year old then I hope & pray that you turn out straight. Otherwise, I fear your dad will treat you horribly, placing you on the fast track of becoming another depressed 14 year old who feels alone & harms himself in some way whether it’s through drugs, unsafe sex, alcohol, or suicide.”
So, I just smiled and said, “I’m not really sure what it means but my name is Kenny so why don’t you just call me that.”
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- sweetzoeneverlied likes this
- enriquemolina likes this
- anknara likes this
- missterclean likes this
- sunsaturatedsidethoughts likes this
- mar-see-ah likes this
- headphonescinderella likes this
- thepreppyhippielife likes this
- mamamusement likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- loveeeeofmine reblogged this from r0b0t-l0ve
- r0b0t-l0ve reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- robot-heart likes this
- vernaveravin likes this
- lipglosshippy reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- anearlierheaven likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- hey-there-moonflower said:This made me so sad. You handled it wonderfully though.
- mommymohawk likes this
- polishgypsy87 likes this
- timeoflilacs said:This was a really sad post. I’m so sorry. But you definitely had the best response ever. <3
- katalyst13 reblogged this from electradaddy
- asimpledad said:You are amazing.
- asimpledad likes this
- electradaddy likes this
- liannecollins likes this
- how2beadad likes this
- goldadore likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- oursarah likes this
- venus2pluto likes this
- theymightbeclippy likes this
- dollywantacracker likes this
- thatgingeone likes this
- rockthecradle-rocktheboat likes this
- mrstu likes this
- lesbianfamilies likes this
- mykidsmaybecrazy likes this
- lightningbaltimore said:You never cease to impress me. What a great answer!
- lightningbaltimore likes this
- fifthand57th said:Good. Grief. People can really suck.
- fifthand57th likes this
- yohanlim reblogged this from thedaddycomplex
- yohanlim likes this
- pschoultz likes this
- horror-mama likes this
- mediocremommy likes this
- tumblingmommy likes this
- thehobodad reblogged this from electradaddy and added:
- togetbackhomeward said:Wow. Just wow. Glad you took the high road of course, but it’s so sad that people are teaching their children that sort of language.
Stuff I Like
- “I wrote a song called ‘Batman Is A Baby,’ but only spiders can sing it.”— Wyatt making total sense in his own world
Miles accidentally saw some of the footage of the Metro-North derailment and he freaked out.
"We go check train station, please?!" "Oh no! Daddy...
We went to a Christmas party yesterday at a friend’s house. New friends from our new town who are also new to town - our sons are the same age and...
- Cyber Monday
Or as I like to call it, the day I unsubscribe from every email trying to sell me something.