Many years ago somebody was trying to tell me that because I’m gay and my stepson is straight that I wouldn’t be able to offer him any guidance when it came to dating or women. Understand, when somebody offers me a stupid-ass opinion, I’m prone to respond with a stupid-ass answer. So, I told this person that I had the perfect advice for my son.
First step: Ask her out and treat her like a lady.
Second step: Tell her she’s the one you’re dreaming of.
Third step: Take her in your arms and never let her go.
Thankfully, the person wasn’t aware that I was pulling a Rabbit out my
ass hat when I recited this answer. And, as luck would have it, neither was my stepson when I actually did offer him this advice several years later.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- kazster likes this
- mrsverges likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- mnvonbank likes this
- daysofthedad likes this
- butdadsaid likes this
- ourtwolittlemonkeys likes this
- adventureswithevie likes this
- mrstu likes this
- fifthand57th likes this
- mysolitaryskirmishes likes this
- thehobodad likes this
- soulproprietorship likes this
- thesassyprince likes this
- rebukiii likes this
- ipromisetowrite likes this
- neuroticdad likes this
- lesbibffs likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- momfarts likes this
- cajunmmb likes this
- superheroesfightdragons likes this
- mediocremommy likes this
- howbo15 likes this
- daughtersisteraunty likes this
- theramblingark likes this
- koumeps likes this
- lovingbabyliam likes this
- bardincognito likes this
- mamamusement likes this
- lolkay likes this
- pieconspiracy likes this
- kimber-leigh likes this
- eyesopenwide likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
- I cooked TODAY for TOMORROW
Tomorrow for one meal, I’ll feel as awesome as womaninterrupted must feel all day, erryday.
- “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”— Carl Jung (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
- NaNoWriMo 2013, Day 29
Day Twenty-nine: 50,349/50,000
I did it.
I did the thing.
- 2013: 333/365
The 333rd day of the year is also the 3rd night of Hanukkah, the first 29th to 29th month as a mother of 3 under 5 for me, and our...
- Me:*takes 50 selfies*me:*deletes 49*me:*stares at that one selfie til it turns ugly*me:*deletes that too*
- Another Tiny Life Update
-BLS Certified. Officially. I don’t think I posted the picture of the card here on tumblr because it has my name on it, BUT...