When I was in the 5th grade, we studied former Senator Jeremiah Denton and I’ve never forgotten this famous story about him.
Denton is best known for the 1966 televised press conference that he was forced into as an American POW by his North Vietnamese captors. He ingeniously used the opportunity to communicate successfully and to confirm for the first time to the U.S. Military (naval intelligence) and Americans that American POWs were being tortured in North Vietnam. He repeatedly blinked his eyes in Morse Code during the interview, spelling out the word, "T-O-R-T-U-R-E".
stuck in visiting family in Alabama until the end of July, I can’t help but think that I should have brushed up on my Morse Code skills before arriving. If I post any videos of myself over the next few weeks, watch my eyes. Somebody, please watch my eyes!
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- kimberleyrutjes reblogged this from research-project-kimberley
- research-project-kimberley reblogged this from electradaddy
- emspanacea reblogged this from electradaddy
- thecynicalcrayon likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- thesahmmy likes this
- hey-there-moonflower likes this
- mysolitaryskirmishes likes this
- photosbykime likes this
- thesassyprince likes this
- bonjournicole likes this
- mrstu likes this
- mrstu said: <3 sorry family isn’t more fun. Do you at least have your entire crew with you for good times and shenanigans?
- mamamusement likes this
- monkeybrainmama likes this
- magmom likes this
- breakthecitysky likes this
- howbo15 likes this
- muchadoaboutannie likes this
- northernmomma likes this
- imtellingben said: I don’t think I could have done that and talked at the same time.
- bujnik said: Ew. Alabama.
- punkdad likes this
- thedaddycomplex likes this
- electradaddy posted this
Stuff I Like
Im getting really tired of how stupid and judgmental people can be.
Please tell me if you feel like Im falling in to that category because I try...
- Did I mention the crying toddler pushing all of his mom's last buttons?
No? How about the gruff old man who just used the F-word with someone else’s...
Technology concentrates power.
In the 90’s, it looked like the Internet might be an exception, that it could be a decentralizing, democratizing...”